Dr. Butt is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Political Science; Secretary Executive Committee of GCU Endowment Fund Trust; and Honorary Secretary of the Old Ravians Union.
Dr. Butt, born in Lahore, has attended Govt. Central Model School, Lower Mall Lahore in 1970s and Government College Lahore in 1980s, graduating with Masters in Political Science in 1987 with silver medal in academics. He was awarded Roll of Honour in co-curricular and College Color in sports. He did his MPhil in 2003, and PhD in 2010 from GC University, Lahore.
He’s contributed in several research journals, supervised several Bachelors and MPhil theses, and is also supervising four PhD theses. He’s traveled to China, Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, India, Thailand, Uzbekistan, and Turkey for administrative and research purposes.
Currently, he’s looking after several academic, co-curricular, and administrative affairs of GC University, Lahore apart from his responsibilities as Chair of the Department of Political Science.
- Chairperson, Department of Political Science
- Secretary, Core Committee, 150 years celebrations of GC (2014)
- Advisor / In-charge, GCU Welfare Society.
- Member, GC University Sports Board.
- Advisor / In-charge, Swimming Club.
- In Charge, Nazir Ahmed Music Society
- Member Political Science Department, Board of Studies.
- Member, Selection Committee for admissions in GCU on Music basis.
- Member, Committee for admissions in GCU on Swimming and Basketball basis.
- Member, Cafeteria Committee, GCU
- Member, Service Statues Revising Committee, GCU
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Human Rights
- Social Development
- Foreign Policy
- 2010 – Ph.D., from GC University, Lahore
- 2003 – M.Phil., from GC University, Lahore
- 1987 – Masters in Political Science from Government College, Lahore – (Silver Medal)
- 1984 – Bachelors in Arts from Government College Lahore.
- Establishment of Centre of Excellence China Studies in GC University, Lahore
- Being Secretary Endowment Fund Trust generated about Rs. 200 million to help deserving students for completion of their education
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, Child LAbour in Human Rights Perspective (Child Scavengers of Lahore) (Lahore: Sang-e-Meel Publications, 2013), pp. 460 (ISBN 10: 969-35-2685-1, ISBN 13: 978-96935-2685-1)
Research Articles Published in Journals
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt and Anum Abid Butt, “UN Sanctions Against Iraq: From Ailment to Chronic,” Journal of Political Studies 21, no. 2 (2014): 271−295
- Azhar Javed Siddiqui and Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “Afghanistan-Soviet Relations during the Cold War: A Threat for South Asian Peace,” A Research Journal of South Asian Studies 29, no.2 (July – December 2014): 617−631.
- Muhammad Usman Amin Siddiqi, Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, and Muhammad Afzaal, “Politicized Policing in Pakistan: A Constructivist Study of Problems of Policing in Lahore,” The Journal of Political Science XXXII (2014): 3−25.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt and Zaighum Abbas, “Ethnic Diversity and Collective Actions in Gilgit-Baltistan,” The Journal of Political Science XXXII (2014): 27−43.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt and Tabita Victor, “Women Empowerment by Local Representation: A Case Study of Lahore,” The Journal of Political Science XXXII (2014): 67−84.
- Dr. Badaruddin, Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt , Dr. Sajjad, and Sajjad Ali, “Newspaper Reading Trend among Students and their Interest in Politics: A Case Study of Karachi University, Pakistan,” The Women 6, (2014): 95−115.
- Maryam Latif, Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, Dr. Misbah Bibi Qureshi, and Najma Gopang, “Women without Voice: Childbearing Women of Rural Areas,” The Women 5, (2013): 121−149.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt and Jaweria Shahid, “Women Prisoners: A Case Study of Central Jail, Kot Lakhpat, Lahore,” Journal of South Asian Studies 29, no. 1 (January−June 2014): 207−228.
- Muhammad Usman Amin Siddiqi and Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “United States Foreign Policymaking: Institutions and the Process,” The Journal of Political Science XXXI (2013): 43−68.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt and Kanza Shareef, “Violence in Historical Perspective,” The Journal of Political Science XXXI (2013): 69−89.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “Position of Pakistani Women in 21st Century: A Long Way to Go,” The Journal of Political Science XXX (2012): 69–98.
- Muhammad Usman Amin Siddiqi and Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “The Past is Prologue: A Thematic Discourse on the History of US Foreign Policy,” The Journal of Political Science XXIX (2011): 3–32.
- Ahmed Raza Khan, Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, and Muhammad Usman Amin Siddiqi, “Patronage of Learning: Tracing the History of Madrassa Education in Indian Subcontinent under Muslim Rule,” The Journal of Political Science XXIX (2011): 45–68.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “A Comparative Study of Concepts of Human Rights,” The Historian 8 (2), (July–December 2010): 25–36.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “Nation, Nation-state and Nationalism: Evaluating ‘Janus Face’ of Nationalism,” The Journal of Political Science XXVIII (2010): 33–54.
- Dr. Khalid Manzoor Butt, “Human Rights through Prism of history,” The Historian 8 (2) (July–December 2007): 129–154.
- Khalid Manzoor Butt, “Child Labour and Responsibilities of Government (A Case Study of Auto Repair Workshops of Lahore),” The Journal of Political Science XXIV (2003–04): 53–66.